Tuesday, September 18, 2012

GUEST POST: Olivia Hardin

I found Olivia's book, Witch Way Bends, through a book recommendation (from whom, I can no longer remember lol) and really enjoyed it. I eventually found her on Facebook and everything after that and found that she's such a nice person. She's part of a writer's group that is all about supporting budding authors. I love seeing that kind of support from authors in general. I am very happy to welcome her to my blog today and hope you'll give her a warm welcome too!

*****************************

Triumph in Destiny

To anyone who ever thought they were just a supporting character in life – we each have a destiny… All of it fits...

Those words are taken from the dedication for book two of the Bend-Bite-Trilogy, Bitten Shame. I still marvel each day as I find more meaning in those words and especially in the essence of the book.

When I was writing book one, a very bubbly, smart-mouthed gal appeared out of the blue. Jill Prescott was Devan’s BFF from college; she was also a vampire. Even though her part in that first book was small, Jill’s impact was big. It would take all of book two to convince even her of that.

It’s a common enough story, but it obviously touches our heartstrings because it resonates with many of us. A person who cannot for the world fathom the impact that their small life might have on the bigger picture. Still, we all have a destiny.

A few weeks ago I was asked who inspired Jill’s character. No one, I responded. Jill was just a figment of my imagination.

Well, that wasn’t quite true. It took me a while to realize it, but Jill is someone very close to me, yet worlds apart from me. For the purposes of this blog, we’ll call my true-life friend, Amy.

Amy’s beauty is striking. It always has been. She glows, she shines. Guys follow after her. I always envied her those things. She and I were very close at one time. Still, Amy fails to recognize the beauty inside instead of what is on the outside. She’s smart, she’s funny, she’s loving and kind-hearted. The outside is just a wrapper.

Jill is all that I wish Amy could see. She’s overcome the utmost darkness and in the end realized… All of it fits… I’m honored that on the pages of Bitten Shame I’ve conveyed the triumph of that journey though the darkness. As one reviewer wrote, “…it’s a battle she almost loses, in more than one way. We all struggle with darkness, just in different ways.”

~ Olivia

*****************************

About the Author
Olivia Hardin always realized how strange she was to have complete movie-like character dreams as a child. Eventually she began putting those vivid dreams to paper and was rarely without her spiral notebooks full of those mental ramblings. Her forgotten vision of becoming an author was realized when she connected with a group of amazingly talented and fabulous writers who gave her lots of direction and encouragement. With a little extra push from family and friends, she hunkered down to get lost in the words. She’s also an insatiable crafter who only completes about 1 out of 5 projects, a jogger who hates to run, and is sometimes accused of being artistic, though she’s generally too much of a perfectionist to appreciate her own work. A native Texas girl, Olivia lives in the beautiful Lone Star state with her husband and their puppy Bonnie.

Find her here.


Bitten Shame Available Now!

Jill Prescott returned from self-imposed seclusion to help save her best friend Devan’s life. Throwing herself into Devan’s problems and bringing an evil organization to its knees might just be the distraction she needs to keep living without the only man she’s ever loved. Her life changed forever when she was hired to spend a week with Doc Massey. On the day she became a vampire her youthful innocence ended, but Doc’s love rescued her from being consumed by the darkness. The shadow of that former life continues to loom over her, keeping her from realizing her own self-worth. Running from her past only brings her closer to a destiny that is inextricably connected to what she is trying to escape… Every gift has both a reward and a price, because All of it fits…


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me guest today on your blog. Happy reading, All!
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete