Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BLOG TOUR: The Guardians Series by Wendy Owens


Hello again everybody! Today I have Wendy Owens here sharing her inspiration for The Guardian Series. Please give her a warm welcome as I'm very happy to have her here! :)

*****************************

Hi readers of Buffy’s Ramblings! My name is Wendy Owens and I am the published indie author of The Guardians series. It is a five part series including the following books in order, Sacred Bloodlines, Cursed, The Prophecy, The Lost Years, and The Guardians Crown (to be released fall 2013). BTW, Sacred Bloodlines is currently free on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo, and Sony.

First off I want to say thanks to Buffy Kennedy for giving me the momentary spotlight. I’m excited to share a little glimpse into my world. Buffy has asked I share the inspiration for the series. I had the story idea for The Guardians bouncing around in my head for a couple years. Where it came from, I don’t know. It is one of those mysterious things that was simply there when I woke up one day and grew from there. With a few words of encouragement from my amazing husband I took a leap of faith and decided I would give this writing thing a try.

For me, personally, I have loved getting to know my characters and it has been a blast taking the journey with them. Sometimes though, as much as I love these characters I want to focus on new projects. I often don’t take that time however to do so because I feel as though my readers are waiting to find out what will happen next and my readers are always at the forefront of my mind. Another draw back with writing a series is the amount of planning it can take to allow the books to flow together seamlessly. From book one thought to the end you must remember sometimes the most insignificant details or it can ruin the illusion for fans.

However, even with these negatives, I could see writing other series in my future. Writing a series has earned me many faithful readers who keep me inspired with their feedback. Writing a series has given me the opportunity to build even deeper relationships with my characters. Both things that have brought me immeasurable joy.

If you’re looking for a new journey, I hope you give Gabe and his friends a chance. And don’t forget, the first e-book, Sacred Bloodlines is free.

*****************************

About the Author
Wendy Owens is a 34 year old author, born in the small college town, Oxford Ohio. After attending Miami University, Wendy went onto a career in the visual arts. For several years she created and sold her own artwork. In 2011 she gave her true love, writing, a try. Her first novel flowed from her in only two weeks time, as though it had been fighting to get out. That moment was when she knew she had found her calling. Wendy now happily spends her days writing the stories her characters guide her to tell, admitting even she doesn’t always know where that might lead. Her first series, The Guardians, will be concluded with the fifth and final book in 2013.

When she’s not writing, this dog lover can be found spending time with her tech geek husband, their three amazing kids, and two pups, lovingly nicknamed stinks and chubbs. She also loves to cook and is a film fanatic.

Find the author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads


Sacred Bloodlines - Book 1

Tragedy has defined Gabe's short existence in this world. An ominous darkness lurked on the edge of his existence until one day in a subway, strange things start happening. A series of events lead Gabe into a new and fascinating life filled with angels and demons, but he isn't sure if he wants to be a part of it.

Gabe is thrust into the middle of this exciting world that is full of things he has longed for in his life but it comes with a price. This new life also promises constant terrifying dangers that Gabe fears he may not be able to survive.

Cursed - Book 2

Gabe thought finding out that he was a Guardian Angel was difficult. Then he found out he is destined to be the great protector who will one day deliver the last prophet to either safety or death. If all of that is not enough Gabe must always be on guard since he is being hunted by the most powerful demon in the earthly realm, Baal.

Gabe deals with these struggles because his new life includes Sophie. They grew closer over the summer and now every day seems unimaginable without her in it. Evil doesn't stop though just because Gabe has found happiness. Only this time the evil finds it's way to Rampart manor and Gabe will risk everything to try and stop it.

The Prophecy - Book 3

Gabe has been on the run for five long years, since the night he left Rampart. During those five years he has gone through experiences that have molded him into a hardened man. After the world repeatedly disappointed him, Gabe manages to find peace in solitary confinement. Not only is he safe from Bale's minions, but he finds peace in his solitude.

He thought he had finally found what he so greatly lusted after, a quiet life, all by himself. Until a familiar stranger showed up on his doorstep, pleading for help. Even though Gabe thought he had escaped The Prophecy, things are not always as they seem.

Now Gabe has another chance at love. Choosing to follow his heart could prove to be not only the most difficult decision of his life - but perhaps the most dangerous, too. Just when Gabe thinks he might have it all figured out, he is given the most important duty in his life. If he succeeds it would mean a comfort he has never known and a joy he thought didn’t exist. If he fails it could mark the beginning of the end for all mankind.

The Lost Years - Book 4

Gabe's world was forever altered by the people he came to know and love at Rampart Manor. Although, it wasn't only his life that was changed when he made the choice to leave them all behind.

During his five year absence, they each had a battle with personal demons. Dina is faced with a moral dilemma, the path of good leading to certain heartbreak, or evil, and a possibility of happiness.

Uri meets a mysterious woman who seems to have a lot of the answers that he has been searching for, and she certainly has a place in his heart, if he can only hold onto her.

Sophie is faced with choices she never knew would be so difficult. The question now is: will the personal demons of the remaining Guardians of Rampart be too much for them to overcome?


***Up for grabs on this tour are two sets of books 1-3, an Angel necklace, a Demon necklace, and a $25 giftcard. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

  

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment