Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NEW RELEASE: Violet Dawn by Lynn Rush


Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours for hosting this blitz. I've got Emma from Lynn Rush's Violet Dawn here for a character interview. Welcome!

*****************************

Hey, everyone, Jess here. Lynn wrote about my story throughout the Wasteland Trilogy. And when I heard she had another friend she was writing about in the Violet Night Trilogy, and I just had to meet her.

Luckily she agreed, and let me tell you, Emma is super fun and wicked strong. I might even try and recruit her and her sweet Jake to help us out....

Anyway, back to the interview.

I was at the counter ordering my Chai Latte when I heard the coffee house door chime. I knew it was her, something about the air became a little charged…or maybe there was a demon nearby, but I turned around anyway.

Yep. Emma. Couldn’t mistake her purple eyes. While the book covers are good, seeing those eyes in person was something! I could see why she frequently posted on her Facebook and Twitter about people staring at her.

I had to mentally tell myself to look away.

ME: Hey, Emma. Thanks for joining me. What can I order for ya?

EMMA: You evidently haven’t read the first story. She smiled coyly and leaned in. I don’t eat or drink, remember?

ME: I have, actually. I wagged my finger at her. I just figured you’d want to fake it, like you normally do when you hang out with your roomie Ava at the cafeteria.

EMMA: I’ll take a Chai Latte as well. Emma let out a laugh.

A few minutes later we found ourselves at a little table in the back of the small coffee house, emergency exit behind Emma. Made sense, in case we needed to bolt in an emergency. Hopefully no Vamps or Demons would show themselves any time soon, I really wanted to learn more about the whole Hunter thing.

EMMA: You know, I used to like hanging out at little coffee shops back when I ate and drank. She swirled her spoon in her drink staring at it with a far off look in her eyes. Just something about these places.

ME: I hear ya. Back before the whole, you’re-going-to-be-the-Merus-thing, I loved hanging out with my friends. Coffee shops, movies, malls…it was just fun hanging. Back when things were easy. But enough about me, tell me—you’re a Vamp Hunter? Seriously?

Emma picked at the napkin in front of her and nodded. And you’re this super Merus who can cleanse demons from people just by touching them. Hey, do you think that would work on Vamps?

ME: Don’t think so. Never tried, though. Might be a little messy considering all that nasty blood they drink...

EMMA: I like you. And yes, we’re going to have to try that Vamp thing. Maybe my wrist will go off while you’re here.

ME: Yeah, that whole wrist lighting up…what’s that feel like anyway?

EMMA: When it went off the first time, I thought the skin was going to melt off. Emma scratched her inner wrist. But now, it’s like a tingle, depending on how close they are. Worst is…if I forget to wear a watch to cover that wicked glow…let’s just say I get some weird looks.

ME: Until you mind-wipe them, anyway, right?

EMMA: Of all the tricks I got with this Vamp Hunter gig, that’s been the most helpful in keeping my cover. And with Ava. She’s seen things she shouldn’t on more than one occasion. I’ve had to use it on her quite a few times.

ME: What an awesome power. I see some pretty messed up things I’d like to have erased from my mind sometimes.

EMMA: Yeah, I’ve ready your story. Dang! Emma shook her head. The Archangel Michael really talks to you?

ME: Yep. Back when I was fifteen, he REALLY talked. Landed me in a psych ward. I brushed off some crumbs on the table. But you’ve got a little angel helping you, too.

EMMA: Gabriel. When he decides to show up. He tends to let Jake and me try and figure things out on our own…you know, to grow. Emma grinned. But he’s taught me a lot, can’t fault him.

Her violet eyes literally twinkled. Seriously. It was almost like there were swirls in them.

EMMA: Am I going to have to tweet about how people stare? She laughed.

ME: Sorry. I know you get a lot of that. Those eyes are wicked-cool. Can you really see better because they’re purple?

EMMA: Really can. Emma glanced around the coffee shop. And while it’s handy in the whole slaying Vamps thing, it’s kinda funny to watch people when they don’t think anyone’s watching. You know those huge auditoriums where they hold the big classes? Yeah, well I can see all the way across…and let’s just say I’ve seen more than I’ve wanted to before. Especially in the dark corners.

ME: I bet. So what about Jake, he’s—

Emma jumped to her feet. Her hand fisted, and she fixed her stare out the window to our right. I zeroed in on her watch and sure as shit I saw a little glow. That had me on my feet, too. Evidently I didn’t sense Vamps like I did demons.

ME: Looks like we’re going to see if I can scare the Vamp right out of a Vampire.

EMMA: Go! Emma grinned and pointed to the door. Quick, let’s see if we can beat Jake to the Vamp!

ME: And Durk. My guess is he’s already out of the car and halfway down the block to the coffee shop.

We made our way out the front door and into the bright sunlight.

ME: They attack in the daylight?

EMMA: Either the Vamp is very, very hungry or very, very stupid. Sunlight doesn’t kill them. That’s a myth.

ME: Sweet. I looked down the street. Sure enough, Durk was sprinting to me with the look of murder in his amber eyes. Told you!

Emma glanced in Durk’s direction. Oh yeah. This is going to be fun. Let’s go!


So, while my interview got interrupted, it was worth it. Seems my demon exorcising touch doesn’t work on Vamps. But boy, did I get to see Emma and Jake in action kicking some Vamp ass! So totally worth it.

Thanks for hanging out with me today. Just for stopping by I want to give you a little freebie short story: Merus in the Making. CLICK HERE to be directed to the download site!

If you have any questions for me or Emma, just leave them in the comments!!

*****************************

About the Author
Driven to write, Lynn Rush often sees her characters by closing her eyes watching their story unfold in her mind. Lynn Rush is a pen name that is a combination of two sources – Lynn, the first name of her mother-in-law, who passed away and Rush – since the author is a former inline speed skater and mountain biker. All of Rush’s books are dedicated to Lynn, her namesake, and a portion of the proceeds benefits cancer research and awareness.

Find the author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Newsletter


Violet Dawn Violet Night Book 2

In the darkest place, the Light shines brightest.

Emma’s love saved Jake from life as a vampire. But their happily ever after is threatened by a savage Vamp seeking retribution for destroying the Avenos Trinity of Evil.

A mysterious stranger enters the mix, coinciding with the first Vamp attack in months. Emma’s new friendship, and the suspicion and deceit surrounding it, further drives a wedge between her and Jake.

To complicate things, Emma is bitten by a Vamp with abilities no one has ever seen before, and that bite has left its mark.

A mark that might tear Jake and Emma apart forever...


***Up for grabs on this tour is an Amazon Kindle. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun interview. And we kicked some Vamp ass together! Jess--YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete