Friday, April 5, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Element - Part 1 by CM Doporto


Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours for hosting this blog tour. I'm promoting Element, Part 1 today while the author, CM Doporto talks about writing a big important scene in the book. Welcome!

*****************************

An Inside Look at Kronberg’s Masquerade Party by CM Doporto


*Spoiler Alert* As I thought about how to write the scene where Natalie Vega, the heroine of Element, Part 1 upper YA Sci-Fi/Romance, has her big transformation, I wanted it to take place somewhere special. I don’t remember how I came up with the idea for a masquerade party but once it popped into my head, plotting for the scene was easy.

When I started researching places where Kronberg Laboratories, the pharmaceutical company where Natalie interns, could host their annual masquerade party, I knew the Mansion on Judges Hill in Austin, Texas was perfect. The stately and grand façade of the building made it ideal for the elaborate soirée.


I imagined the ballroom looking like something from Phantom of the Opera, with men painted in shimmering gold and holding candelabrums in front of a large stairwell that led down to the dance floor.


I wanted the ambiance of the ballroom to be dark and mysterious with candlelight and deep red rose topiaries along the tabletops. These pictures paint that perfect setting.


The next thing I considered was the attire for the event. It’s always been a dream of mine to attend a masquerade party but I haven’t had the opportunity. For this occasion, I wanted it to be a black tie affair where men would be sporting their sleek tuxedos and the women would be posing in their trendy but classic corset evening dresses. The coolest part would be the masks that everyone would wear and I spent a few hours looking at pictures online. It made me want to buy one!


Deciding what Natalie would wear to the event took some time. It had to be that perfect dress that **Spoiler Alert** related to one of the elements she turns in to. I envisioned her wearing a corset style emerald green dress from the nineteenth century and a gold mask with sequins and beads with peacock feathers on the side. (I have to admit that the green velvet dress that Scarlett O’Hara wore when she went to see Rhett entered my mind.)


When it came to her roommate and good friend, Lise Turner, I had to pick out something eccentric and bold. Lise loves clothes and she’s obsessed with looking sexy and hot. When I saw this outfit, it had her name written all over it.


So there you have it, a private viewing from Kronberg’s Annual Masquerade Party. If you were invited to the party, what kind of mask would you wear? I’d love to see your pics :-)

*****************************

About the Author
CM Doporto lives in the great state of Texas with her husband and son enjoying life with their extensive family along with their Chihuahua, Mexican Redhead Parrot and several fish.

She writes Young Adult and New Adult Sci-Fi/Urban Fantasy stories about ordinary women who do extraordinary things, become a heroine, and find love along the way.

Find the author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Pinterest


Element Part 1

College freshman, Natalie Vega, offers to be a test patient for several vitamins and supplements created by Kronberg Laboratories, a large pharmaceutical company where she interns. Immediately her body starts going through physical changes but when she runs into her former high school crush, Ryan Garrett, she is unaware of the life altering affects he will have on her.

Buy at Amazon or Barnes & Noble


***Up for grabs on this tour is pictured below. Enter via the Rafflecopter!***


a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment