Tuesday, August 14, 2012

INTERVIEW: Quinn Loftis


In my travels among YA authors, I started seeing this one author and books series...I didn't know what all the hype was about, so I checked it out. Quinn Loftis and her Grey Wolves series are a big hit, and after reading book 1, Prince of Wolves, only recently, I can totally understand why! It's so much fun, and after talking to Quinn, I can tell it's because that's how she is in general. Read below for more about this wonderful author I wish I'd discovered sooner, but am grateful to know now!


What made you start writing?
I have always loved to write, for as long as I can remember I love to tell stories. I wrote a lot of poetry when I was younger and had always wanted to write a novel. I guess it just took me 30 years to decide I was ready.

What inspired you to write about werewolves?
They are my favorite of the paranormal characters. I just think they are so redeeming. I love the family (pack) unit the dynamics behind it. To me they are just really fun to write about.

I haven’t read beyond book 1 (YET!), so what can I look forward to? There were references to the possibility of the existence of vampires; does that come into play at all?
No vampires. Not that I have anything against them, they just aren’t tied into my stories. Basically you will get to watch the three best friends travel on this journey into the lives and hearts of the Romanian Grey Wolves. They each have their own story, but the journey is taken together and we get to see them all as they fall in love, face trials, as they cry, laugh, hurt, triumph and fail. It’s a wonderful epic adventure.

Are there going to be a certain number of books in the Grey Wolves series, or will you just write until the story stops flowing in your head? Are you a pantster or a planner?
There are 7 books total. When I wrote the first book, Prince of Wolves I had no plan in sight. As the books have gone on I have slowly devised a plan and as of right now 7 is the total.

As an aspiring author, I fully expect that I’ll barely be noticed at all or be among the totally ordinary books. Yours are popular and adored! Are you surprised at just how successful you’ve been?
I’m shocked beyond belief. Never in a million years did I think my books would be where they are today. I have been blessed with amazing readers who share my books with others and I can’t tell them thank you enough.

Do you have any advice for other aspiring authors?
First I would say to not get discouraged. Keep writing, even when you don’t think you have anything to write about. Be diligent. Contact bloggers, and other authors and don’t be afraid to ask for help.

I’m sure you’ve met other authors along the road. Who was the biggest surprise? Who’s been the most helpful?
I have met some amazing authors! Georgia Cates has been an absolute savior to me and I can’t tell her thank you enough for all her help. Also Shelly Crane, Samantha Young, Amy Bartol, Michelle Leighton, Tiffany King, C.A. Kunz, Heather Self, Ella James, and these are just a few of the awesome authors who have lent me their knowledge, suggestions, reassurances, support, encouragement, and sometimes just their ear when I need to freak out. The Indie world has an amazing group of authors in it and I am so proud to be a part of it.

As an author, you obviously have a passion for books. What do you read in your own spare time?
Mostly I read any and all YA paranormal books. I try to read almost all Indie books but do buy some mainstream ones as well. I love Patricia Briggs, J.K. Rowling, Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, and James Patterson.

Can you share a few fun facts about yourself?
I love Nutello on just about anything.
I enjoy crocheting and scrapbooking.
I love to read *wink*.
I have an amazing little boy whose smile lights up any room.



I am a 31 year old wife, mother, nurse and author, not always in that order. I live in Arkansas with my husband, my 4 year old son, and our 7 month old Doberman Pinscher. I hope to be able to write full time one day, but right now feel very blessed to be able to self publish my books.

Find me here.


Prince of Wolves Available Now!

Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17 year old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer was going to get a lot more interesting. From the moment Jacque sets eyes on Fane she feels an instant connection, a pull like a moth to a flame. Little does she know that the flame she is drawn to is actually a Canis Lupus, werewolf, and she just happens to be his mate; the other half of his soul. The problem is Fane is not the only wolf in Coldspring, Texas. Just as Fane and Jacque are getting to know each other, another wolf steps out to try and claim Jacque as his mate. Fane will now have to fight for the right to complete the mating bond, something that is his right by birth but is being denied him by a crazed Alpha. Will the love Fane has for Jacque be enough to give him the strength to defeat his enemy, will Jacque accept that she is Fane's mate and complete the bond between them?


1 comment:

  1. My daughter love this series.
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete