Wednesday, February 4, 2015

REVIEW: Gilded Wings by Cameo Renae

Summary:

As the final battle draws near, Emma finds herself bound under an unbreakable oath. She must seal the bond with Ethon before her transformation, or risk her life and the lives of those she truly loves. Who she wants is no longer an option.

Lucian has unleashed troops of evil beasts from the Underworld, making it impossible for Emma to leave the protective barrier of Alaine's home. War is inevitable. The Guardians will need to stay and fight their ground, hoping Lucifer keeps his end of the deal and comes to their aid.

In this epic series conclusion, burning questions will be answered, lives will be lost, and sacrifices will be made.

But who will survive, and at what cost?

Title:  Gilded Wings
Series:  Hidden Wings
Book #: 4
Author:  Cameo Renae
Approximate Book Length:  264 Pages
Recommended Reader Age:  16+
Sexual Content:  Mild

Thoughts:

This book returned to the feel of the first one. It’s a little preachy about waiting until after marriage, but I’ll take it; it’s not like that’s a bad message to be conveying! The story included reunions, love, and loss taking me through the range of emotions. Yes, I cried. The height of the book is when I cried the most for the losses were heavy and just OMG. I can’t say more, because I don’t like giving spoilers, but the battle we’ve been waiting for throughout the series finally arrives and it is intense. I don’t think the outcome could have been any different and the ending was very happy despite the sacrifices made all around. I didn’t like an additional fight scene at the end, but it tied up a loose end and facilitated a reveal of sorts, so I digress.

On an additional note, there was one foreshadow element that made something (I know – terribly vague, but you’ll know what I’m talking about if/when you read the book!) terribly predictable. That was mildly disappointing, but I was still happy to see it happen none the less.

Bottom Line:

Gilded Wings is indeed an epic conclusion to an overall wonderful series. If you’ve been following the series, you won’t be disappointed in this awesome read!

Rating:



Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment