Wednesday, February 18, 2015

REVIEW: Below the Belt by Sidney Halston

Summary:

Once one of the most sought-after names on the mixed martial arts circuit, Antonio “Scarface” Marino watched his career go down for the count as he chased skirts and made tabloid headlines. Now he’s finally making a comeback, and it’s all thanks to Francesca Silva, a Brazilian bombshell as tough as any of her fighters. But who’s the real Francesca: the trash-talking trainer who rides him hard, or the vulnerable woman who blushes at his touch?

Francesca went to the mat to sign Tony because she believes he still has the potential to bring big success to her gym—if she can keep his head in the cage and out of her personal life. After a short-lived marriage soured her on love, a one-night stand is all she can handle. Now Tony’s kisses are stirring up complicated feelings—especially when he agrees to face her ex in the ring. Francesca’s used to freezing guys out. But Tony’s tempting her to give in to the heat.

Title:  Below the Belt
Series:  Worth the Fight
Book #: 3
Author:  Sidney Halston
Approximate Book Length:  262 Pages
Recommended Reader Age:  18+
Sexual Content:  Moderate

Thoughts:

I liked this book and all, but I do have a few mixed feelings about it. I like Tony by the end, but never particularly fell in love with him. He was frequently pretty asinine. Frances, however, I loved. She gave in to Tony a little more than I would’ve liked, but their romance wouldn’t have progressed if she hadn’t, and they ended in a good place. She’s pretty much a badass and I loved all the scenes where she got to showcase that! Her history of “survival” really resonated with me and I appreciated that part of her past and how it shaped her.

This book stands alone just as well, maybe even better than the last. The couples from the first two books are there and everything, but this really was very much about Tony and Frances alone. The story is good, though a little slow at times. I will say that one thing bothered me: there’s a no-protection love scene and they make kind of a big deal about it, but then protection is never mentioned again.

Overall, I think they compliment each other pretty well and they’re very sweet and sexy, but Tony himself is just a little too rough around the edges for me to really adore them, but I think that’s just me.

Bottom Line:

Below the Belt is a story about two people from opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to romantic histories who learn a lot about themselves and love. You don’t want to miss this latest installment from Sidney Halston!

Rating:



Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment