Monday, July 8, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Storm Clouds by ME Sutton


Thanks to Bewtching Book Tours for hosting this blog tour. I have ME Sutton, author of Storm Clouds here today with a character interview. Welcome!

*****************************

Character Interview: Lady Starla Caval

M: Today, I’m pleased to have Lady Starla Caval of Mallory visiting with me. Thank you for coming.

S: My pleasure.

M: So tell me, what is it like running an entire estate on your own?

S: It can be quite challenging. There are so many details to oversee, everything from daily squabbles among the citizenry, to relations with the town, diplomacy between estates, and anything that needs to be dealt with from the Empire. My father was always a very busy man, and now I know why. It can be exhausting.

M: Do you think being an unmarried woman makes it harder?

S: I would like to say “no,” but realistically I must conclude that there are some people who would rather see me safely married with a man to guide me – or to have a man managing daily affairs while I play a supporting role. Not everyone feels this way, you understand, but there are some people – highly old-fashioned people – who don’t think ruling alone is a woman’s place. It was quite troublesome recently, but you know all about that.

M: I do. You’re referring to your bandit troubles of course. So do you think you’ll ever get married?

S: Oh, I suppose if the right man comes along. I certainly am not dedicated to the single life. But it has to be the right man – strong, kind, intelligent, thoughtful, and just as concerned about Mallory as I am.

M: Like Roger Woodbridge?

S (blushes): Well, yes, now that you mention it. Roger is all of those things. But as my chief steward, I don’t think, that is, I’m not sure…

M: But you rely on Roger quite a lot, yes?

S: Of course! He is invaluable to me, my “right-hand man” as you might say. It’s just that, well, when I think of him… I’m sorry, can we talk about something else?

M: Funny, he said the same thing. So tell me about Lyla Stormbringer. Do you know how she came to Mallory?

S: Now that you mention it, I really don’t know. Lyla has just always been there. She is such a blessing, so capable. I know that whatever troubles I or Mallory face, she will be there to lend a hand. And she has such a refreshing no-nonsense attitude about everything.

M: Including you and Roger? (Starla blushes) You don’t have to answer that. So, what do you see as Mallory’s challenges in the future?

S: There seems to be more unrest in recent times. First the banditry that plagued us, and now the incident with Devin after the Spring Consortium. I’m not sure what is behind it – or if anything is behind it. It certainly is suspicious. I very much hope we can get back to our quiet existence. Well, relatively quiet; there’s always something to deal with running an estate of the Empire.

M: Does this worry you, recent events I mean? The threat of war is a pretty big deal.

S: It is, and it would have been dreadful. But as long as we have Lyla, I’m sure we’ll be fine. She seemed a little hesitant during the bandit troubles, but I can see her getting more confident. With her around, Mallory has nothing to fear.

M: Her and Roger, right?

S (blushing again): Of course. Speaking of Roger, I must meet him regarding some estate matters. Is there anything else you’d like to discuss?

M: No, my lady. Thank you very much for your time. Tell Roger I said “hi.”

S: You are quite welcome. I will certainly convey your greetings – in an appropriate fashion, of course.

M: Of course.

*****************************

About the Author
A software technical writer by day, Mary Sutton has been making her living with words for over a decade. She writes the Hero’s Sword middle-grade fantasy series as M.E. Sutton, and The Laurel Highlands Mysteries series as Liz Milliron. She lives in Pittsburgh, PA with her husband and two children.

Find the author:
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads


Storm Clouds ~ Hero’s Sword Vol. 2

Eighth-grader Jaycee Hiller is beginning to fear she only imagined her trip to Mallory. But when a rainy afternoon leaves her with hours of playing Hero’s Sword, her favorite video game, she finds herself drawn back into the game – literally.

STORM CLOUDS is the exciting second volume of the HERO’S SWORD saga – chronicling Jaycee Hiller’s trials in eight grade, and her exciting adventures in Mallory, the setting of her favorite video game. Jaycee enters the video game realm via a special controller and is caught up in the action of this fantasy realm.

In STORM CLOUDS, a valuable jewel belonging to the neighboring estate of Devin, the Sapphire Star, is missing, stolen at the Fall Consortium. Lady Starla stands accused of the theft. Devin’s demands are clear: return the Star or they will take it back by force.

Now it’s up to Lyla Stormbringer to find the Star and the thief. before Mallory finds itself at war.


***Up for grabs at this tour stop is an ecopy of the book in the format of the winner's choice (Kindle, Nook, or Kobo). Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

***But wait, there's more! Up for grabs tour wide is a Kindle Paperwhite or a Nook Simple Touch. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting a stop on the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most telling character interview thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for reading it.

      Delete
  3. Have fallen for this book.. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I hope I can keep you happy as the series progresses. Thanks for reading!

      Delete