Sunday, June 2, 2013

Liebster Award!

Hey y'all. I'm very excited that Sandra Bunino nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much Sandra! She's been very good to me, and as one of the first authors I've met on my journey as both a writer and blogger, she's been super supportive. I can't thank her enough and I feel like the friendship has only begun :-)

These awards are so fun because they're a little self-esteem boost plus you get to know about people! So with this one, the rules - well guidelines - are:

1) Post the award on his or her blog.
2) Thank the nominator and link back to his or her blog.
3) Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Answer 11 questions about yourself that the nominator has asked.
5) Nominate 11 fellow bloggers.
6) Make up 11 original questions for your nominees to answer.

So here goes...

11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

1) I'm addicted to buying books.

2) My biggest pregnancy addiction is frosting. (By the way, did you know that frosting dipped gummy bears are delicious?)

3) I'm horrible about veggies, even the ones I like.

4) I have a great memory...most of the time.

5) I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I'm a major introvert and homebody.

6) I want to write both adult and YA books, but I have a very smutty mind!

7) I'm a huge geek about getting books signed.

8) I watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended editions) every Memorial and Labor day weekends.

9) I have a psychotic cat who I swear sometimes thinks she's a dog.

10) I love to sing, but am a huge chicken.

11) Despite loving many books with a fiery, fiery passion, Stephenie Meyer's The Host is my all-time favorite.

11 QUESTIONS FROM SANDRA ANSWERED:

1) If you were stuck on a remote island with food, water and shelter what’s one personal possession you’d want to have with you? Blankie. I've had it since I was born, it's got so many memories that I'd always have the people I love most with me in some way.

2) What is the best thing you ever ate? Three way tie: My wedding cake was amazing, Voodoo Donuts makes amazing donuts (it's the frosting), and Confections makes amazing cupcakes (yay Snickerdoodle flavor!).

3) What’s your favorite amusement park ride? Rollercoasters.

4) What’s your favorite song? Varies depending on what's current and/or my mood. Today it's a tie between Baba Yetu by Christopher Tin and Unstoppable by E.S. Posthumus

5) What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I snuck out late one night, taking a stake with me, and walked around the neighborhood, particularly down by the cemetary...because I wanted to be a slayer like Joss Whedon's Buffy. I was 14, so I can't even blame it on being that young and stupid lol.

6) What are you passionate about? Books and music (in different ways).

7) What’s your guilty indulgence? I like to go for drives.

8) Where were you born? Colorado Springs, CO. In a hospital that I believe has since burned down.

9) Heels or flats? Heels.

10) Beach or mountains? Mountains.

11) Summer or Winter? Summer (though maybe not while in my third trimester of pregnancy lol...sigh)

11 NOMINEES (yeah there's not gonna be 11 lol):

1) Jennifer James

2) Tara Lain

3) DavinciKittie @ GraveTells

4) Cameo Renae

5) Michelle Leighton

6) Bella Street

7) Scarlet Chastain

8) Dianne Duvall

9) Katey Hawthorne

11 QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:

1) If your house were on fire, your family and pets made it out safe (and if you're an author, all your work is backed up online somewhere), and you could save one item, what would it be?

2) Where is one place you'd like to visit - real or imagined?

3) If you could bring a single person back to life, who would it be?

4) Who is your top celebrity crush?

5) Who is your all-time favorite book boyfriend (or girlfriend)?

6) What's your weirdest food love (such as frosting covered gummy bears or milkshake dipped french fries - you know, a little weird that makes people look at you funny)?

7) If you could have only one hobby for the rest of your life, what would it be?

8) What's your favorite game to play (video, card, board, sport - whatever)?

9) Nachos - plain with cheese or loaded with everything?

10) What's your favorite outfit?

11) Do you believe in angels?

2 comments:

  1. Since we both love to sing, I say we go to a karaoke bar together. It may take some liquid persuasion (this will happen after the baby, of course), but I bet we'd have a blast!

    I love that your three-way tie of the best thing you've ever eaten all involve cake! LOL

    Scar says thanks for the nom!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, it just occurs to me that they all involve cake...makes perfect sense though :P

      And I'm totally game on that karaoke plan! :D

      Delete