Tuesday, June 18, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Welcome to Adelheid by Mia Darien


Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours for hosting this blog tour. I have Mia Darien, author of Welcome to Adelheid here today with some wild characters. Welcome!

*****************************

This is what happens when you let your characters run wild...

Sadie: Mia is letting us have control of a blog post for today. We get to talk about whatever we want.

Dakota: She’s a bigger idiot than I thought.

Madison: Dakota, play nice. Just because you’re in a bad mood doesn’t mean you have to be nasty to everyone else.

Sadie: She’s in a bad mood? I hadn’t been able to tell the difference.

Dakota: *growls deep in her throat, snapping her teeth*

Sadie: Down, kitty!

Vance: Do I have to separate the two of you?

Madison: Vance! Where the hell did you come from?

Vance: My parents, or so they claim. I haven’t seen any proof yet.

Dakota: Are you here to do anything useful, or just be obnoxious?

Vance: Dakota, I hardly noticed you doing anything useful. You were just growling at my girlfriend. I don’t take too kindly to that really. Oh, that’s a mature expression you’re making. You’re older than all of us, put together, including the vampire. When are you going to learn to behave?

Sadie: I’m guessing not ever.

Dakota: I could kill both of you so easily.

Vance: You’d be arrested.

Dakota: You’d never catch me. I’m the best hunter around. Even Mia admitted it.

Sadie: I know who could find you.

Dakota: You wouldn’t…

Madison: You know she would.

Dakota: *growls again, but a little quieter this time* Damn Mia and her book, butting into my life. I refuse to forgive her just because some things worked out well in the end.

Madison: You do have a way with animals, Sadie.

Sadie: I live with you, don’t I?

Madison: Hey! I clean up after myself every shedding season. I don’t want to hear it out of you, bloodsucker.

Sadie: Love you too, Madison.

Dakota: Aren’t we supposed to be doing something constructive with this blog post?

Madison: Look who is suddenly the voice of maturity!

Dakota: Well, my age was brought up. I figured I had to do something with it, now that I’m the old-as-dirt one.

Sadie: Oh, I’d never say you were older than dirt. Whatever is older than dirt. That’s you.

Dakota: *hisses* I really could kill you and find a way to hide the body. Maybe I’d just turn into a big cat and eat the remains.

Sadie: Now there’s a thought that’s gonna fester.

Vance: Don’t worry. She’d never do it. Vampires taste like death.

Sadie: Damn this blog and its PG rating! I’d really like to reply to that properly.

Vance: That’s why I said it.

Dakota: Would you like us to leave you two alone?

Sadie: Honestly…?

Dakota: Oh, God. I’m out of here.

Sadie: If only I’d known it would be that easy to get rid of her…

Madison: You love us and you know it. Even her. You don’t know what you’d do without us.

Sadie: I suppose that’s true. Just don’t tell her that. And keep your voice down. She could be anywhere. She could be that fly buzzing around our heads right now…

Dakota: *calls from other side of door* Or I could be eavesdropping right outside the door!

Sadie: Oh, hell. So much for being constructive…

*****************************

About the Author
Mia Darien is an indie author of speculative fiction, and a New England Yankee transplanted into Alabama clay. No matter her geography, she continues to stubbornly and rebelliously live the life of her choosing along with her family and pets. She doesn't miss the snow.

Find the author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads


Welcome to Adelheid Books One - Three

Welcome to Adelheid, CT. Freak central. Unofficial capital of legal preternatural creatures in the Northeast. Focal point for anti-preternatural sentiments in the United States.

Who would ever guess that this otherwise sleepy New England town houses many of the most powerful beings known to exist?

*****

In "Cameron's Law," meet Sadie Stanton, vampire poster girl for preternatural rights. She's just trying to start a business to help the community, but when vampires and werewolves start attacking each other, she gets thrust in the middle.

In "When Forever Died," Dakota is a rare shifter and hunter who has lived a long, hard life. But the past never sleeps and two simultaneous cases are going to test the personal defenses she's built over the centuries.

In "Voracious," the life D wants isn't what it seems. He certainly never planned on the fangs, but he's going to need a lot more than the pointy teeth to survive the first weeks of his new existence.


***Up for grabs on this tour are four paperback copies of Welcome to Adelheid (open to US only) and twelve ebook copies of Welcome to Adelheid. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Buffy, for hosting me and the lunatics...I mean, my characters...on your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very interesting book. I look forward to reading it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty, I hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post and it looks like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal with the post was, indeed, to do just that: have fun. With the book, it is my goal that people will be both interested and entertained.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the publication of Welcome to Adeleid! It sounds like a fascinating book.
    I will be adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope that you enjoy the book. :)

      Delete
  6. I think we should let characters run wild more often. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I should probably let them loose a little more often than I do, but as you can see, they can get a little mouthy. ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh my I love the cover!hope it will be as good as it looks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed doing that cover, and I hope that you find the book as good as the cover as well! I like to think it is, but that's in the eye of the reader. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  8. Wow… Totally can't wait to read this! Adding it to my TBR list... Beautiful cover, too! ; ) I love this genre and I always wonder what made the author choose to write in this kind of genre? Thanks for sharing with us and Thanks for the giveaway!
    mestith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you'll enjoy it! My blog tour is going on right now, including interviews where I talk about how I got into this, but succinctly put: I have no idea, lol. Honestly, I started reading epic fantasy first, but got into vampire books as a teenager (Anne Rice, P. N. Elrod, Laurel K. Hamilton, assorted others) and just loved the genre. So I started trying to write it and eventually the idea for this series (in it's first incarnation) came about. A few years later, here I am. :)

      Thanks for reading in! Hope you like the story, and glad you like the cover!

      Delete