Friday, June 7, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Forgiven by JB McGee


I have JB McGee here today with a little insight into writing the This series, particularly the third book, Forgiven. Welcome and happy reading!

*****************************

When I started the series, I had no idea what I would name it. I really had no idea what the inner struggle would be. I just sat down and started writing. I let the story tell itself as it came to me. The more I brainstormed, the more I tossed around different ideas of what I thought would come in the future for the characters.

There were few things I knew for sure. One of the things I knew for sure was that I wanted the third book to focus on the relationship with Gabby’s father. I wanted resolution for all of the things that made her broken. I wanted it to be wrapped up and tied into a pretty bow.

As the series evolved, I realized there were some things I couldn’t tie up just yet. Those story lines required more attention than I could afford them in Forgiven. It wasn’t fair to take away from Gabby’s and Bradley’s story to tell those, either.

About halfway through Mending is when I realized Forgiven was the perfect title for the third book. I knew everyone would assume it was about Bradley. I figured they would never see all the forgiveness that would come around in that book.

Forgive and forget. Sounds so simple doesn’t it? No matter who you are, at some point in your life, there is a going to be an instant where you need to forgive someone. That’s because, as humans, were all imperfect beings. We all mess up. No matter how much you love someone, you’re going to do at least one thing to hurt that person.

Some things are easier to forgive and forget, but other things require deep reflection, therapy, and the rebuilding of trust.

If a person is broken and mended, then it becomes necessary to have forgiveness in order for the cycle to come full circle.

That’s what the This Series is all about. How life comes full circle…and with forgiveness comes bright new beginnings. Forgiveness gives you a fresh, clean slate.

It’s not a big secret to those that know me that my dad and I had a rocky relationship. It was my husband who encouraged me before we got married to work on that relationship and repair it. In order to do that, I had to forgive my dad for all of the things in my mind he had done wrong. There was no way I could move forward if I kept keeping score of how many times he let me down.

There was no way I could move on if I dwelled on the past. I learned very quickly that the past was out of my control, but the future wasn’t. I could live my life thinking about what I could have done different, or I could actually do things differently moving forward.

Luckily for me, I have an incredible father. He has his faults, and our relationship isn’t dysfunction free. We all have our faults, and we all have a little dysfunction. At least that’s my opinion. Thankfully, forgiveness gave me a bright new beginning with my father. We are very close. I’m thankful that I didn’t waste more time living in the past, but rather moving forward.

That’s what Forgiven is about for me. Forgiven is about how the people that love you build you up and give you the strength to do things you never imagined were possible.

*****************************

About the Author
J.B. McGee was born and raised in Aiken, South Carolina. After graduating from South Aiken High School, she toured Europe as a member of the 1999 International Bands of America Tour, playing the clarinet. While attending Converse College, an all-girls school in Spartanburg, South Carolina, she visited Charleston often. It quickly became one of her favorite vacation spots. She met her husband, Chad, during Christmas break her freshman year, and they married in 2001 and she moved back to her home town.

In 2005, the couple welcomed their first son, Noah. J.B. finished her Bachelor of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education at the University of South Carolina-Aiken in 2006. During her time studying children's literature, a professor had encouraged her to become a writer.

In 2007, she welcomed their second child, Jonah, and she became a stay at home mom/entrepreneur. In 2009, the found out their two children and J.B. have Mitochondrial Disease. In 2011, a diagnosis also was given to Chad. Please take a moment and learn more about Mitochondrial Disease. Awareness is key to this disease that has no cure or treatments.

J.B. McGee and her family now reside in Buford, Georgia, to be closer to their children's medical team. After a passion for reading had been re-ignited, J.B. decided to finally give writing a shot. Broken (This Series), is her first book and first series.

Find the author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads


Forgiven

Everyone has a past…good or bad, they are always there. They lurk and linger in the shadows, sometimes reappearing at the most inconvenient times.

Gabby and Bradley thought that their pasts would remain dormant, that happiness was theirs for the taking. Still the strongest of relationships can be rocked by the ugliness from a previous life, even if it seems to be a world away. The fact remains an ugly past is never distant. It taints everything it touches, drives permanent rifts between loved ones, and sometimes can ruin everything. Gabby and Bradley must find the only way to battle the past. Forgiveness becomes a light through the darkness, a guide for the lost, and hope for the hopeless. With forgiveness comes bright, new beginnings.

**As a bonus, here's a cover reveal of Falling - Veronica and Ian's story continued!**
Falling


***Up for grabs on this tour are a $25 Amazon giftcard, three signed bookmarks, and three ARCs of Trying. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment