Tuesday, March 5, 2013

BLOG TOUR: The Last Keeper’s Daughter by Rebecca Trogner


Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours for hosting this blog tour. I have Rebecca Trogner here sharing her thoughts on writing her book The Last Keeper's Daughter. Welcome!

*****************************

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vampire.

Yes, I am having a little fun with the title of the movie, Dr. Strangelove. You see, I’d always wanted to write a book but could never figure out what to write. The one thing I was certain of was that it had to be epic, and serious, and cerebral, no mental cotton candy for me.

You could say I was in the closet with my love of vampires. It wasn’t something that I wanted my ‘oh so serious’ peers to know about. I was worried they’d give me the dreaded eye roll or, even worse, banish me from the reading group. And while all of us wanted to write, most of it didn’t, because we felt that nothing we wrote would measure up to the high standards we’d set for ourselves.

Then a strange thing happened, I got over myself and realized that just the completion of a book was an awesome accomplishment. Perhaps it will get published, perhaps it won’t, but that doesn’t really matter, because it’s the doing of the thing that counts. The catalyst for this was a show called True Blood. Suddenly, it seemed silly to be embarrassed by my love of the vampire. This was a harmless escape, it was fun, it was mature, and it was entertaining. I bought Ms. Harris’ book, which the show was based, and trudged to my club meeting with book in hand.

I wasn’t worried about what they’d think. I wasn’t worried about showing my love of vampires. And what do you know; I wasn’t exiled from the fold. A couple members even expressed that they were a little tired of reading Dostoyevsky, and Hawthorne, and Melville. Now, I do love those books but a constant diet of them is as bad as eating a diet solely consisting of peas.

Accepting this piece of my imagination did wonders for my writing. Instead of concentrating on what not to write, I loosened the reins to my creativity and enjoyed creating a vampire with all the characteristics I’d hoped to read in other books. I dove into the paranormal ocean and wrote for hours, and page by page, The Last Keeper’s Daughter was born.

So what’s the takeaway from this blog post? Read what you love, and don’t be ashamed if it isn’t what others deem worthy. If you’re a writer, get to that computer and write what you enjoy. Take care and good luck!

*****************************

About the Author
Rebecca Trogner lives in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and frequently crosses the Blue Ridge Mountains that were the inspiration for Krieger’s home. She always dreamed of being a writer, but got sidetracked by the day-to-day adventures of life. With the encouragement of her family, she has finished her first novel and is currently writing the next book in The Last Keeper’s Daughter series. Rebecca lives with her husband and son, and a rescue dog named Giblet. To find out more about the author visit www.rebeccatrogner.com.

Find the author:
Website
Blog
Twitter
Goodreads


The Last Keeper's Daughter Available Now!

Born into old money, Lily Ayres lives at Waverly, her family’s estate situated at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Paris, Virginia. She is a strange, small, almost mute, young woman who has no idea that her father has given her to the Vampire King Krieger. Walter Ayres is the King’s Keeper and part of a secret society of historians who unearth, preserve, and attempt to understand relics of long forgotten civilizations.

Lily has never felt comfortable in the human world, but after she suspiciously falls down a flight of stone steps, and is healed and claimed by Krieger, she realizes there is another world. In this Other Realm she feels a sense of belonging, and begins to untwine the mysterious event which left her mentally and psychologically damaged. When Walter disappears in England, Lily works with human and supernatural beings to uncover his whereabouts. With each new discovery, she is pulled deeper into the vortex of magic, intrigue, and dark desires that permeates the supernatural world. The revelations revealed unfold a story of deception and betrayal that threaten to tear the thin veil between the supernatural and human world asunder.


***Up for grabs on this tour is a $100 Amazon Giftcard! Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

11 comments:

  1. Hello! Thank you for having me on your wonderful site today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ms. Trogner on UR continuance of UR BK. Tour! Godspeed.
    redz041@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you took the time to actually put words on paper so to speak. I admire the work an author puts into writing a book because it is no small fete. I have issues just writing a ten page paper on something I like for a class let a lone a whole book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, You're very kind. One you finish one book, I promise, it gets easier. Take care, Rebecca

      Delete
  4. Great Title, hope it won't be the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renals, Nope it won't be the last. The next book in the series is with the publsher now.

      Delete
  5. Wow, the excerpt sounded really good, in fact I'm off to Amazon to check it out. I love finding new to me authors and books. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete