Tuesday, July 14, 2015

International Authors' Day Blog Hop



Big thanks to b00k r3vi3ws for hosting this hop! The International Authors' Day Blog Hop is to show our love to our favorite authors and books.

For me, there are two authors in particular that I will read absolutely ANYTHING they release, no questions asked: Dianne Duvall and Tara Lain! Both authors have that special something in their writing that gets you attached to characters, gets you so emotionally invested that you cry, makes you laugh, and leaves you with a smile.

In addition to their writing magic, they're also incredibly kind, sweet, and generous people. They're always doing giveaways, talking with fans, and doing exclusive content for their blog tour stops. The combination is incredibly humbling to me and makes me aspire to be half as good an author as they both are in every way.

If you ever get the chance to meet - in person or via the web - a favorite author of yours, I hope they live up to or surpass your expectations and that you'll share with them your appreciation for who they are and everything they do.

To share the author/book love, I'm giving away either a favorite book of mine, a favorite of yours, or if you have a favorite author with a book you don't yet have or something (we'll work it out when you win :P). Enter below!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to keep hopping!

a Rafflecopter giveaway



13 comments:

  1. One of my favorite authors is Joyce Carol Oates. I really have no idea how I would express my appreciation for her writing, though!

    Thank you for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many favorite authors, traditional and Indie. Writing reviews and saying I love your work are great ways to appreciate and let them know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be impossible for me to pick one favorite author. Buying their books is the best thing I can do for them and posting good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite author is probably Ilona Andrews. I'd probably gush or be tongue-tied (or a combination of both!) and embarrass myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so Much for participating in this Blog Hop!

    DDS
    www.b00kr3vi3ws.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have an absolute favorite. I read across so many genres & authors. I would thank them for their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be easier to pick a top 10 than a favorite. I think the best appreciation is buying their books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on Tara. Babies are always a joy.
    the Sound of Music was my favourite movie as a teenager. I think I saw it 200 times

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to meet other people so excited about writers and books. I haven't read any of their books, but I'll look into them. Thanks for participating! Nancy’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane Austen for the stories

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those two sound like great authors indeed. I've been reading Flannery O'Connor lately and her short stories are awesome. I'm planning to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein again in the near future, along with something by Mark Twain and James Joyce. I've always been a fan of the classics. God bless, have a good weekend. - Robert

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never choose just one favorite author. Too many awesome books in the world to choose from.

    ReplyDelete