Saturday, April 5, 2014

REVIEW: Power Play by Chellesie B Dancer

***This book was originally reviewed for My Secret Romance.***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary:

Sergio Davis needs to make partner in the ad firm before he turns thirty, and his last chance is getting a huge new account with an underwear magnate. He's focused all his time and energy on this presentation, until he meets a beautiful woman in the parking garage.

Liz is an heiress, hugely successful in business, but not so successful in her relationships. She wants a man who finds her attractive for herself, not her money. She encounters an artistic and sexy man who takes control and that triggers a submissive reaction in her. Realizing he’s enamored of her without knowing who she is, she sets up a seduction in the conference room where he’s scheduled to make his presentation to her.

The attraction heightens, and Liz teases Sergio until he turns dominant. Once he discovers who she is, he plots his payback, controlling her body, her emotions, and her sexual pleasure. After a glorious night of sensational sex, the real control battle begins. Who will end up on top during the day, and during the night?

Thoughts:

I enjoyed this book. The chemistry between the characters is good, and I love the way they tease each other. The sex scenes were hot and their buildup was wickedly playful. I loved how the sex scenes included a little light bondage, but in such a way as to ease the reader into it because it was so new and unusual even to the characters. I also liked how every move they made with each other was a power play, pushing the other to see how far they could go. Being that they were both in the corporate world, the term was very ambiguous and applied to both the boardroom and the bedroom.

While normally I would say it all happened a little fast with the emotional ties etc. I will attribute the speed to the immediate chemistry that develops right from the start. Other than that my only complaint is how much Sergio overreacts to something that Liz says and does. While I am totally on his side in the matter, I really just didn’t imagine him behaving the way he did in the aftermath. I digress, I still got my happy ending and enjoyed the journey, which is the important part.

Oh and did I mention I now have a new appreciation for neck ties? *wink*


No comments:

Post a Comment