Saturday, April 26, 2014

REVIEW: Dream Job by Mickey J Corrigan

***This book was originally reviewed for My Secret Romance.***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary:

After sleeping with her boss, Adrianna must face him daily and even test the company software with him, ignoring the fact that drives her to ecstasy and she’s totally in love with him. To make things worse, she is plagued with dreams of an ex. He haunts her dreams, chasing her down and begging her to love him. Something strange is going on, but Adrianna can’t make sense of it. Like it or not, Adrianna is about to find out all about the dream world to understand what’s happening and to stay with the man of her dreams at her dream job.

Thoughts:

Maybe I’m simple minded, but I don’t tend to like the “mind f*ck” type stories. I usually have trouble following them. This book is one of those. We’re in Adrianna’s POV exclusively throughout the book, and as the reader, we’re just as confused as she is. It becomes extremely difficult to tell what’s real and what’s not, which adds mystery, yes, but also adds frustration.

I also was not a particular fan of the writing style. The breaks were more disorienting than helpful, and I couldn’t follow the flow of time through the entire second chapter at all. There are a couple steamy moments in the book, and a couple funny ones, but overall there was nothing that really stood out as memorable. I guess the bottom line is that it just wasn’t my cup of tea.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Buffy!

    I somehow came across your blog through goodreads, so I figured to stop by and say hello! I am now following you through GVC and Networked Blogs :)

    OMG, I totally agree with you. For some reason, I have never been a fan of sex dream sequences. I thought it was just me, but I get annoyed when authors spend more time with the dream sequences than the actual physical act! I don't mind one here or there, but when I read a blurb about a woman who is visited in her dreams by a mysterious man, it kinda turns me off. Very interesting that I am not the only one that doesn't care for that.

    Anyway, nice review! Feel free to stop by my blog sometime. I am always looking for new blogger buddies to chat with and I look forward to stopping back to check out your opinions on other novels.

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    P.S. Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will absolutely stop by as I too am always looking for blogger buddies :-)

      Delete