Wednesday, March 29, 2017

REVIEW: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Summary:

The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Who do they think should pay for the unrest?

Katniss Everdeen.






Title:  Mockingjay
Series:  Hunger Games Trilogy
Book #: 3
Author:  Suzanne Collins
Approximate Book Length:  404 Pages
Recommended Reader Age:  16+
Sexual Content:  Mild


Thoughts:

This book felt familiar yet completely different all at the same time. Everything is still life and death and hating President Snow, but there’s no more arena. There are more resources and more consequences. This is war and war isn’t pretty or easy. People die – innocent people sometimes.

For someone who’s never been in a war scenario myself, the mentality of Katniss and the results of some battles felt very realistic. I cried a lot reading this book. I was on the edge of my seat with my breath held for a lot of it too.

The ending didn’t really surprise me and it made a lot of sense to me. I also appreciate the time it took for life to truly feel something like normal for Katniss again. The very end felt a little rushed, but satisfying enough. Ultimately, the end of such a violent trilogy is only going to feel so good.

Bottom Line:

Mockingjay brings a great deal of change to Katniss’s life and it’s a hell of a rough ride to peace. It’s an awesome read full of excitement and heartbreak.

Rating:



Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment