Wednesday, January 18, 2017

REVIEW: Illicit by June Gray

Summary:

I never meant to be the other woman…

Jake and I felt a connection the moment he walked into my life, an attraction both of us tried so hard to deny. Still, I found myself longing for the very thing I couldn’t have.

I didn’t set out to fall in love with Jake. Not when he clearly wasn’t mine.

He was my mother’s.

Title:  Illicit
Series:  N/A
Book #: N/A
Author:  June Gray
Approximate Book Length:  328 Pages
Recommended Reader Age:  18+
Sexual Content:  Explicit

Thoughts:

So this one is definitely on the taboo side, and I normally keep my guilty pleasures to myself. However, I felt this one was worth sharing. Jakes does cheat on Joss’s mom with Joss, which I didn’t like from a personal stand point, but frankly it was realistic. It’s a painfully awkward situation with no real winning solution. I get Jake with Joss’s mom, but as expected, I get him with Joss so much more. I rooted for them to find a way and was sad when things played out the way they did, though satisfied with the ending. The other situation with Joss’s mom was really emotional. The whole thing with Joss’s dad worked out I guess, but definitely threw me for a loop and struck me as very odd. Overall, I think a tough scenario was written well and rang with a great deal of authenticity.

Bottom Line:

Illicit is a realistic tale of a taboo relationship. It has everything you could ask for – wide range of emotions, great drama, relatable characters, and steamy love scenes. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Rating:



Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment