Friday, September 21, 2012

INTERVIEW: Joey from Long Time Coming by Jennifer James

My good friend Jennifer James has been busy making her dreams of being an author come true. She's released two books now, with a third on the way and a fourth in the works. Her latest at the moment is Long Time Coming and it's a very hot book! It's also very unique, because she's a female writing strictly from the point of view of the hero throughout the book. Because of that, I wanted to talk to Joey, the heroine from the story. It's definitely an R RATED interview, mostly because I'm perversely curious *grin*. Read on!


Have you always liked it a little rough and been a little submissive, or just with Rob?
Wow, jumping right in I see.

Everything with Rob is different. Being with him brings out my wild side. When I realized that I really didn't care anymore what his sister thought, and then I saw him at Christmas time...it was game on.

I've tried to ask for things with other guys, but you have to really trust someone to be that open with them. And I never trusted someone like I do him. Plus, other guys I've been with didn't take the lead like he does.

Was Rob everything you'd always dreamed he'd be in bed?
*grinning* What do you think?

We're getting together again real soon. He's amazing, even better than I fantasized.

Oh, crap. I hope he doesn't see this and get a big head.

Did you honestly intend to spend a wild weekend with him, then go your separate ways and leave it at that?
Well, yeah. I mean, we both work a ton of hours and relationships get sticky. It's not like we'd never see each other again. We're always together for the holidays. I thought if things worked out I'd get to drag him off for a quickie at Thanksgiving or whatever. We've been friends for years, who else to get wild with than a really hot friend?

Of course, he had to go and be a fantastic partner, so I have to get some more. *smiles*

Why random places? Do you do it just for yourself or to keep your guy guessing?
Time was of the essence! And after the first time I wanted more, and so I decided to try and cram as much into the weekend and the little bit of time I could get him alone as possible. You have seen him, haven't you? I mean, come on, who wouldn't let their hormones run the show?

The random public places were a side benefit. A little danger of being caught just adds to the spice.

Had you ever been interested in anal sex before Rob? Were you scared?
Not really. But I trust him, you know? I was more scared of something embarrassing happening (and I'm not even going into the possibilities for that, you can do the math yourself) than anything else. I knew if I didn't like it or it hurt he'd stop. I can trust Rob.

And afterward, well, let's just say I'll do it again with him. It was way better than I'd have ever thought.

Do you honestly want a future with Rob? Beyond the promise of a weekend here and there?
We'll have to see. I think we're both happy with our arrangement for now. Keeping it casual. Taking it as things come. But I'm definitely looking forward to spending more time with him. (And not just for the sex.) He's a lot of fun to be around, he's got something up his sleeve for a month from now...we're going to spend a weekend together again, this time without having to dodge family.

And my job has finally settled down some, I'm not traveling as much. The hours are long, but I'm only obligated to fly out twice a year now instead of every month.

Quite an adventurous weekend! Are you always that wild when you get the chance, or does Rob just bring it out in you?
I think I've always been the type of woman who asks for what she wants in bed, but Rob's the first man to ever take it a step further and push me to new heights of...let's call it unexplored territory.

He surprised me in the best way possible. I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next. It tends to inspire me to be even naughtier than usual.



Jennifer James is a very busy writer, goof ball geek girl, and shepherdess of two tiny divas. She loves to read PNR/UF, high fantasy, horror, graphic novels, and the occasional bodice ripper. She also loves bad Sci-Fi movies and the Chiller channel. Because she is one of those scatter brained artistic types, you can often find her staring into the distance daydreaming up scenarios for her own stories. Find her here.


Long Time Coming Now Available!

One scorching weekend of no-strings sex? Or the first two days of something special…

Going home for his older sister's wedding has been a real pain. Unable to get a room at a local hotel, he's stuck in his parents’ spare bedroom, in a twin bed too short for his six-four frame, with nothing to do but fantasize about his sister’s maid of honor and her little purple bikini. Joey Sanchez: the woman he’s had a crush on for the last ten years. All grown up in all the right places.

And it just so happens she’s had a crush on him too.

Lucky for him, Joey knows what she wants. In the pool, in the movie theater, with some very hot text messages, she quenches his desire and demands no promises. She’s married to her career, and that’s the way she likes it. But with the weekend winding down, Rob realizes she’s only left him wanting more. And he doesn’t want to spend the next ten years without her…


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me--errr, Joey-- on today Buffy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! This makes me so excited. I'm ready for another weekend! Yes, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL. :D I'm already plotting it. Joey, her naughty abuela Rosa, Rob taking her to a hockey game....Joey running away cause of her...OOOPPPS. I almost gave you all a spoiler!

      Delete