Friday, August 3, 2012

BLOG TOUR: Love Kinection by Jennifer James

One of my very good friends, Jennifer James, has just released her first book, Love Kinection! It is fantastic fun, sensual read, and so full of nerdy references that everybody should be happy! To celebrate, she's here with Abby Fine, the heroine of the story. Please help me give her a very warm welcome!

*****************************

Interviewing Abby Fine (Geektastic Heroine of LOVE KINECTION)

HI! Err..sorry to shout. I’m a little wound up. This is my first book tour, first book, first time interviewing Abby, and I’m a nervous wreck. I don’t want to give spoilers, but there are all these things I want to ask her….She’s an awesome gal. Smart, resourceful, and when it comes down to it, will kick the @$$ of anyone who messes with her.

I wish I was more like Abby.

Anyway, I lured her with the promise of take out Chinese and Ben & Jerry’s. We’re doing this interview, and then watching some Dr. Who on Netflix. We both have a serious David Tennant crush.

Jennifer James: Abby! So glad you came over!

Abby Fine: Oh, of course. Uh, are any of your other friends here this time? Like the big guy with the pointy teeth? I don’t have a problem with cos play, but he seemed a little too into it.

JJ: Oh, no, it’s just us. Look, Chinese over there, remote for the t.v., spoons for ice cream…

AF: Perfect. Ah, you even got out the big soup spoons for the Phish Food. That’s awesome.

JJ: Of course. So, tell me about the thing you’re wearing.

AF: Thing? Where? *looks over her outfit, confused.*

JJ: You know, that thing. * I point to the thing in question and she grins.*

AF: Oh, that thing. What, you don’t want me to say what it is?

JJ: *shaking my head no* I don’t want to give any spoilers about your story.

AF: Ahh… Well, I love it. It’s totally me. And Tom. Us. Together. Crap, this is hard to do. I feel like I’m trying to speak in text or something.

JJ: Have you seen any sign of your sister and her husband since—

AF: *glares* No, thank God. The jerks. If I had my own TARDIS, I’d totally go back in time and shave Char—
JJ: Don’t say his name! It’s like invoking evil. Remember, in every horror movie, if you say it out loud, it comes true.

AF: *laughs* Yeah, like in Cabin In The Woods, the kids read from the diary of the zombie hillbilly family, so that’s what came to kill them.

JJ: I loved the part with the unicorn. And the elevator cubey thing of death choices. Oh, and the part with the two way mirror.

AF: Uh, how about seeing Amy Acker? She’s amazing. OH! Oh! How about the office pool?

JJ: *giggles* Such a Joss thing to do.

AF: Agreed. So, if I had a TARDIS, I’d go back in time, and shave the d*ckhead whose name shall not pass my lips’s head right before our first date. But only a few patches. And also his eyebrows. Yeah. The eyebrows would be gone for sure.

JJ: *laughing uncontrollably* Oh, Abby, wasn’t what you did to him that one morning enough? I mean, it was in front of Tom and everything.

AF: Nope. *she grabs three cartons of Chinese* C’mon, I’m starving.

JJ: There’s no way you’ll eat all of that.

AF: Sure I will. I’m super hungry these days.

JJ: And why would that be?

AF: *winks* Ask Tom about how practice is going….

*****************************

About the Author
For a girl whose first book was called “The Scariest Forest Ever,” the jump to romance may seem to be a far one. But a love of happy endings and the stories she kept making up in her head for strangers on the street lead to an unhealthy amount of time spent behind the keyboard typing away and giggling mischievously over sassy heroines, sexy heroes, and healthy sprinklings of geek humor.

With time split between a day job staring at teeth, two little girls, college courses, workaholic husband, and too many voices in her head, Jennifer still finds time to sneak off and devour all the books she can find – even if it means hiding in the closet to read them.

She insists on her jokes being dirty, drinks spiked, and tattoos placed in intriguing, muscular places you can only find when the clothes come off.

Links:
Website
Facebook
Goodreads
Twitter

Blogs she contributes to:
Paranormalists
Love Scenes and Wet Dreams



LOVE KINECTION is now available!
(Not to be pushy, but you save a buck if you buy through the publisher. Any ebook format you like. J )


***I’ve got a set of Romance Trading Cards up for grabs to one lucky commenter (contest goes through the 7th)! So, tell me, Cabin in the Woods or The Avengers? (If you can’t decide, give me a great argument why.) I feel like we need to spread around some Joss Whedon love…. You can obviously see Abby’s card up there, here’s Tom’s, the book cover (back of the cards) and the blurb card.***







8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me today Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming and bringing your awesomeness! :D

      Delete
  2. LOL! That was a BRILLIANT interview, ladies. Thank you so much! Abby, dear, you are a delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun. Nice to meet you Abby. I gotta join your I love David Tennant Club. He is Dr. Who. How could I ever go back to the original(s) after what he defined the role (although I am liking Matt Smith I must admit).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Tennant is awesome. :) And you really can get a cardboard cut out of him.

      Delete
  4. Fun post. The Avengers because I like superheros.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite part? Hulk smashing Loki into the floor. And the flying centipede monster aliens.

      Also, the sexual tension btwn Black Widow and Hawkeye.

      Okay, okay, so the whole thing is my favorite!

      Delete