Friday, August 10, 2012

BLOG TOUR: The Wager by DX Luc


Ahhh bittersweet--this is the last stop on the blog tour. Please help me welcome DX Luc as she talks about the sexy gods of Greek Mythology and how she adapted them in her debut novel, The Wager.

*****************************

MAKING GREEK MYTHOLOGY COOL AGAIN

Remember the fun you had in school when it was time to learn about Greek mythology? Okay, maybe not everyone loved that particular lesson, but for me, it was the highlight of my day! Even before my school days, I found a fascination with the gods and goddesses to the point of obsession most times. If there was a book, I had to have it. A show coming on? I was totally watching it.

Does anyone remember Kevin Sorbo in Hercules and the Legendary Journeys?



Yeah, that's nice!

When I got into reading romance/erotica books, I found that I leaned toward the ones that held a bit of paranormal and fantasy. If there were elements of Greek myth too? Well I was just like, “Sign me up!”

Of course my favorite series became the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I'm a bit obsessed maybe? And lets not forget Rick Riodin's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I love it so much, my kids are not hooked. We read it at night before they go to bed.

It was this interest that I placed in my children that Touch of the Gods: The Wager came to be.

My daughter felt that Hephaestus was the only god who had the worse life and wanted him to have love. I thought, wow, I used to feel the same way when I was a little girl. So out came the idea for my book.

I took Hephaestus from looking like this:



To the stunning and sexy specimen of this:



I mean, yum right?

I'm glad I have been able to create a story where Greek myth came to the modern world and an underdog such as Hephaestus found his voice and strength. I do hope everyone enjoys it as well.

Thanks for having me today!

*****************************

About the Author
An avid reader since I was a child, I never found a book I disliked. Mostly, you could find me lost in Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, or Ernest Hemingway, and my most favorite, Ancient Greek literature. Taking my love of books, I started writing poetry, short stories, and even helped with screen writes for my drama club.

By the time I was in my teens, my older sister introduced me to my first romance novel, The Hawk and the Dove by Virginia Henley. The moment I fell into the world of love, I was hooked, and my addiction for more grew until I found myself delving deeper into the erotic.

After being convinced that I had the skills to try my hand at writing, I went to work on my first story Down the Yellow Brick Road: Finding Home. And since being published, I've not looked back.

Now, as a busy mom of three, that homeschools, drives to activities, and manages to find time to just cuddle with my husband of ten years, I have to say, I love being naughty when I get the chance. It's freeing and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Find her here.


The Wager Available Now!

When love and war make a little wager, what could possibly go wrong?

I am Hephaestus. God of inventions, blacksmiths, and volcanoes. Sounds like I'm awesome right? Well, I'm not. In fact, I'm the loser of Olympus and a new bachelor to boot. Living the single life is great until a decade passed. Honestly if my divorce from the Goddess of Love wasn't bad enough, I am still being rejected by the other women of my home.

Because of an incessant need to make me a pawn in his game, my brother, Ares convinces Eros to make a little bet. A wager that puts my lack of love life to the test. Sent to Earth, I'm skeptical, when suddenly I lose myself in the sensual scent and beauty of the full bodied Vanessa. She is my everything, my perfection.

Sadly, from a single caress upon her silky flesh, I sent our lives into a downward spiral of hell. To save her, I must get beyond my demons of the past. And to save me, she will have to decide if I'm worth giving up everything for.


***Want a copy of the book? One lucky winner will receive a free copy of The Wager and one runner up will receive a signed bookmark! Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

8 comments:

  1. I am a fan of Ares...I read a paranormal book and he was the main character and I loves how the author portrayed him.
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ares can have his moments indeed! He's one of my favorites as well. Thanks for coming out.

      Delete
  2. I think the idea of updating Greek mythology is such a brilliant idea!!! We all love the stories... now we can envision ourselves accidentally walking into Ares or Himi (<3 you, Himi) at the grocery store or something. It's even HOTTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my head would spin if I bumped into them during my day to day errands lol.

      Delete
  3. I love all of the gods but my absolute favorite is Artemis the Olympian goddess of hunting, wilderness and wild animals. She was also a goddess of childbirth, and the protectress of the girl child up to the age of marriage a lot of work so I admire her .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artemis is an amazing goddess as well! Thanks for coming out!

      Delete
  4. I have always loved Ares because he is just such an Alpha man (although he does not sound good in this story, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zeus because he's the one in charge

    ReplyDelete