Friday, April 26, 2013

BLOG TOUR: More Than Friends by Jessica Jayne


Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours for hosting this blog tour. I have Jessica Jayne here interviewing Brian Hamilton from her book More Than Friends. Let's give her a warm welcome!

*****************************

I’d like to take a moment to thank Buffy Kennedy at Buffy’s Ramblings for having me as a guest blogger. This is my first virtual book blog tour. Though I’ve been writing in most of my life, More Than Friends is my first published piece of fiction. It is a novella published by Cobblestone Press, LLC. I admit I had to ask a few questions about what this virtual book tour stuff was all about, but now that I know, I am more than thrilled to be here! It’s fun to meet new people and introduce them to my stories. But enough about me…

JJ: Today, I’d like to welcome Brian Hamilton from More Than Friends. Brian, thanks for taking the time to join us today.

Brian: Thanks for having me. It’s my first interview since More Than Friends, so I’m kind of excited.

JJ: Tell us a little about yourself.

Brian: Let’s see. I grew up in a small town called Canton Falls in northeast Ohio. Just a little southeast of Cleveland. I went to the same high school as my parents did. I graduated from the Ohio State University! Go Bucks! Haha! Had to throw that in there! I grew up, and technically still am, nursing my broken heart given to me every season by the Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Indians. I’m a CPA at my father’s small accounting firm in town. Hmmm… what else you want to know?

JJ: Do you prefer beer or wine?

Brian: Beer… most definitely.

JJ: Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

Brian: Pepsi. It’s sweeter! I like things sweet. (Smiles)

JJ: Blondes or brunettes?

Brian: (Laughs) Is that a trick question? (Winks) I never used to be picky about the color of a woman’s hair. I was sort of an equal opportunity kind of guy. But I’d definitely say I’m into brunettes now… one in particular!

JJ: Speaking of that one particular brunette, when did you and Jeni Acerna first meet?

Brian: Shoot, I’d never remember that. It feels like I’ve known Jeni since the day I was born. I don’t remember a time when she was not a part of my life. In fact, there are pictures of us together on my first birthday covered in cake. I think I smeared it all over her face and pretty dress. Ha! That’s how far back we go! She’s my best friend.

JJ: Awww! Have the two of you always been best friends?

Brian: For as long as I can remember!

JJ: In More Than Friends, Jeni describes when you first took the initiative to kiss her. You were both fifteen years old and freshmen in high school. She describes the two of you being in your basement listening to your mom’s REO Speedwagon album. You guys were in hysterics to the point of tears and you just leaned over and kissed her. What made you kiss her at that moment?

Brian: I don’t know that it was one thing. I remember it clearly. We were laughing so hard we were crying. Her cheeks were flushed. Her eyes were bright. And I couldn’t stop staring at her lips. At that moment, she looked gorgeous. Call it teenage hormones. Call it finally realizing my best friend was a hottie. I don’t know. It just felt right. And it was a great kiss!

JJ: I love it! How do you think Jeni would describe you?

Brian: (Chuckles) Stubborn! Ummm… maybe, smart. Sexy. Loyal. Driven. Handsome. (Winks) But she’d most definitely say stubborn.

JJ: So is it your stubbornness that caused you to hold out so long on your bet with Jeni in More Than Friends?

Brian: Haha! Nope. That was my competitiveness. I hate to lose. Hate it! Especially to Jeni. She never lets me live it down. I held out as long as I physically could. But in the end, I was okay with losing that bet. It was sort of a win-win, if you know what I mean! (Winks)

JJ: I do know what you mean. It was a pretty steamy scene when you did finally concede.

Brian: We try to keep things hot and spicy. It’s in our nature. We’ve always had that sort of attraction and relationship. We’ve never really been afraid to explore each other. It’s been fun.

JJ: So, how are things going with you and Jeni being in a relationship and living in separate states?

Brian: I won’t lie. It’s not easy. I miss the hell out of her when she’s in Florida. Now that I’ve come to terms with my feelings for her, I don’t want to be apart. I want to see her every day. I want to kiss her every day. But we both have things we have to take care of before we make any big decisions.

JJ: And by “big decisions,” do you mean that you’ll be moving to Florida soon?

Brian: Anything is possible. (Smiles) Shhhh! (Leans in close to me) I heard a rumor that there will be more to More Than Friends.

JJ: (Gasps) A sequel? So, we may get the chance to see how you survive the long distance romance and if you live happily ever after?

Brian: It’s just a rumor, but I overheard it from a pretty reliable source. (Winks)

JJ: I can’t wait! I love you and Jeni! Thanks so much for joining us, Brian. Appreciate your time and your openness!

Brian: Thank you! It’s been fun.


*****************************

About the Author
I am a born and raised small town Ohio girl, who moved to the Sunshine State after graduating from college. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in English because I could not imagine doing anything else but reading and writing. It is such a pleasure to be able to share all the stories in my head!

In the journey of life, I also became a wife and a mother of three children. So, life is always an adventure. But the love of writing has never died.

My favorites: I love to read and write... obviously! But I also enjoy all sports, especially college football and the Ohio State Buckeyes! Go Steelers! Go Rays! I LOVE to travel... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to travel. And I love sharing my love to travel with my children. I love to drink Teavana teas! I love a good glass of wine, especially if it comes from a bottle made by the FOOLS wine club… yep, I’m a member of that!  I love hanging out with my family and my friends! Big fan of music, but love nothing better than putting on my jean shorts, tank top, cowboy boots and hat and watching Tim McGraw belt it out! I’m a sucker for a cowboy hat! :-)

Favorite quote: “If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.”

Find the author:
Facebook
Goodreads


More Than Friends

Jeni Acerna’s longstanding sexual relationship with her best friend, Brian Hamilton, is both blissful and troublesome. She’s been unable to commit herself to another relationship because no one compares to Brian in or out of bed.

Prior to attending a friend’s wedding together, they place a wager…the first to beg for sex owes the other $500. After a tortuous night, their passion erupts and their sexual relationship picks up where it left off…hot and heavy. However, this time, Brian wants Jeni… and not just in his bed. Can he convince her the risk is worth taking?


***Up for grabs on this tour are four $10 Giftcards and one ecopy of More Than Friends. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Buffy for hosting me today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview. I love friends-to-lovers stories, and liked how Brian let us know that there would be more books in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, June! I always enjoyed friends-to-lovers stories myself, which is why I loved writing this one. There will be one more book to their story because the readers have asked for more! :)

      Delete
  3. It must feel incredible to be published. I enjoyed the interview thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for swinging by, Mary! It does feel great to be published! My second book came out this past Thursday with Evernight Publishing. It's called In Flames. Check it out too! :)

      Delete