Wednesday, May 29, 2013

REVIEW: The Proposition by Jennifer Lyon

Summary:

Rich, sexy and volatile, Sloane Michaels has a dark agenda that keeps his heart on ice. His extreme wealth gives him the control he craves and his skills as an ex UFC fighter the tools he’ll need to extract his ultimate revenge. But when the woman he never believed he’d see again crosses his path, Sloane is caught between the vengeance he needs and a sexual conquest he craves. Kat Thayne has been in survival mode for six years, hiding behind the sweet creations for her bakery. But when a random carjacking brings her face-to-face with her darkest fears and hottest fantasy, Kat is forced out of hiding and offered a dangerously passionate proposition. One she knows she isn’t strong enough to refuse.

Title:  The Proposition
Series:  The Plus One Chronicles
Book #: 1
Author:  Jennifer Lyon
Approximate Book Length:  123 Pages
Recommended Reader Age:  18+
Sexual Content:  Explicit

Thoughts:

This book starts off with some heart pounding moments. It draws you in and gets you utterly intrigued. As things progress, both characters are compelling, but I really feel that it’s Kat that really gets you connected. Though I have to admit, I was completely enamored with Sloane right from the start, and while I want to see Kat grow, I would love to see him NOT get something he wants!

They made this agreement and I honestly hate it. While I understand it and it’s mutually beneficial in more ways than one, I just hate that they keep things so “casual”. That being said, he treated her as more than casual and the more protective he got, the more endeared I was to him.

I liked this book and am very intrigued to read more, but the way it was ended really bothered me. It felt like the story was just cut off part way through leaving it horribly incomplete. There’s a cliffhanger ending, there’s “open-ended”, and then there’s just…this. Was I left wanting more? Yes, but not in a passionate “I can’t wait for the next installment” kind of way. I was just plain frustrated. With all the buildup of mystery and sexual tension, I just would have appreciated a more definitive close to this book even with another book coming in the series.

Bottom Line:

This is a story of strength and personal growth as well as great chemistry. Good start to a series, but be prepared to need book 2 immediately upon finishing!

Rating:



Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment