Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Prophecy of the Flame by Lynn Hardy


Thanks to Book Trailer Showcase for hosting this blog tour. I'm interviewing Lynn Hardy, author of Prophecy of the Flame today. Welcome!

*****************************

Have you always wanted to be an author?
Actually, I wanted to be a journalist. My college instructor told me that I couldn’t catch my typos so no editor would ever hire me. (This was before WORD) He told me to change my major.

I dropped out of college, giving up my dreams to become a housewife.

What inspired the idea for the Prophecy of the Flame series?
My husband and I were going through marriage counseling. The shrink asked me to write from my earliest memories with as much detail as I could manage. I handed her ten pages, single-spaced, typed, twice a week. A few months later she said, “I have to tell you: I’ve asked my patients to write for me for the last 20 years, but this is the first time I want to sit down on the couch with a cup of tea and see what happens next in a clients life.”

Soon after that I had this amazing set of dreams. With those words ringing in my ears, I started a file on my computer called, Second Job, and began to write.

Do you have plans on how many books there will be?
Originally it was a 5 book series. However, I’ve now added two companion novels to the series.

From the summary alone, it looks like a well rounded plot involving fantasy, war, and possibly love. Did you struggle to find a balance between all the elements in the story?
Unfortunately, it’s not too well rounded. I’ve been told that the war part is kind of weak. The book is really a comedy romance with a fantasy setting. Like Twilight wasn’t a vampire series, just a romance in a vampire setting.

So if you are looking for Lord of the Rings, this book might not be a good fit. Prophecy of the Flame is a bit lighter, more fun…

Are you a pantser or a plotter?
I kill one and break the other…. can I say neither?

Not kidding. I even killed one of those hearty ivy plants.

I collect soup tureens. For Christmas I got this really cool one that looks like a turkey. Before we even finished unwrapping the presents by Rotti broke it! Thank God for superglue – it may not hold soup ever again, but at least it looks good.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Don’t give up. Writing is an art. Not everyone will get your vision. But if 75% do, you are as good as any bestselling author!

That being said, listen to your reviews. If 5 people all say the same thing, you may need to hone your craft a bit.

When you're not writing, what do you like to read? What are some of your favorites?
Melanie Rawn’s first series was called The Dragon Prince. This fantasy series has quite a bit of steam and the end of each book had me crying so hard that I couldn’t read through the tears!

L.E. Modesitt Jr. is another favorite. Even as a starving college student I would buy the next book in his Recluse series as soon as it came out. Terry Brooks is in that same category!

Completely unrelated to reading or writing, what’s your favorite activity or way to relax?
Being on horseback, riding through the mountains brings a peace to my soul. I am also an avid Science Fiction and Fantasy movie geek. If you want to keep updated on what new stuff is coming out, friend me at facebook. I do events each time an interesting series or movie is debuting.

- I was tired of not getting to see the sequel because of lack of fan support. So join me so that your favorite show isn’t canceled! https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLynnHardy

Name 5 facts about yourself that we may not already know.
1. I am an identical twin.
2. Black pepper make my stomach sick.
3. I, like Reba, can hold my pee for most of the day, especially when I’m camping!
4. I’ve always wanted to tour Europe and Asia.
5. Green is my favorite color, though I used to hate it!

*****************************

About the Author
Led by a series of dreams and encouraged by friends, Lynn Hardy began the journey to become an author. She stored her work in a computer file labeled “second job.” Writing began as a passion she could not contain and has become much more than she ever expected.

In the Fall of 2010, Prophecy of the Flame – Book One, reached #1 on Amazon kindle, shortly after Book Two in the series released. In the spring of 2011, Lynn released the Full Cast unabridged audio book of Book One. Now both fans and newcomers can hear the book come to life as every character jumps of the page with their own unique voice.

The road has been longer and more complicated than she would have ever guessed –not always smooth, but filled with wonderful surprises. Like most stories, Lynn is sure that her journey has only just begun.

Find the author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Google+


Prophecy of the Flame Book 1

Five strangers are yanked from this world and thrust into a land of sorcery as they are granted the looks and abilities of the people they were playing. The Crusaders of the Light struggle to form a cohesive band as they blend twentieth century technology with the supernatural powers of this new world, fighting to liberate the kingdom of Cuthburan from the evil horde threatening humanity.

Battle is also waged within Reba, an ordinary housewife who has become the most powerful mage on the planet. She struggles to remain true to her wedding vows as she is drawn against her will to the arms of Prince Alexandros.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the interview!

    ~ Lynn Hardy

    ReplyDelete