Sunday, September 7, 2014

Future of the Blog

So here's the deal.  My daughter is just over a year old now, and she's a huge hand full.  She's still nursing (frequently) and plays best if I'm on the floor with her.  She's also still sleeping with us, so when she goes to bed, so do I.  I am barely keeping up with posting 1-2 reviews a week right now.  My wonderful, supportive husband knows how much I don't want to shut the blog down, so he's willing to help me, however, being on the verge of shutting down the blog, I have to wonder how much it's really worth it.  

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT STILL READS THE BLOG?

If I still have some kind of following or readership, I will do my best to keep up the blog until things get better and I can even make it more interesting again (like start writing my own stuff again beyond reviews).  If I don't get any comments, particularly of the "I still read - please don't shut it down - I like you!" persuasion, there's not much point in making the effort...

**Note to any of my authors that may see this (Tara, Sandra, Dianne, Milly, and Jenn - my street teams - in particular), I understand that I probably won't get any ARCs anymore or anything, but I still have every intention of reading and reviewing your work.  It just won't be for a blog.


7 comments:

  1. I read your blog and enjoy it but I don't think any blog is worth losing your sanity, sleep or time with your family. As a mom of 3 older children I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with them when they were younger, they really do grow up fast. Can you just do monthly updates for now. If not you can always start blogging again when/if you have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still reads your blog but i would understand if you took a break until it's better i would prefer that to th shutting of th blog for good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogging has no bearing on whether or not I give you an ARC. Do what's best for you.

    Say hi to Tara for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog, but please do what's best for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you, BK! You'll always be near and dear to me. Do what's best for you. If you ever want one of my books, just ask, sweets. I'll send you what ever you want. I haven't asked you to read anything lately because I didn't want you to feel obligated. xoxo

    Kiss sweet Tara! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everybody. I will go ahead and keep the blog up and running. And it would appear this might have been a catalyst...guess who's on the road to sleeping on her own?! Tara is learning to sleep without nursing and in her crib (short periods of time for now, but it'll get better!). I'm excited and it'll mean a lot more freedom for me!

    ReplyDelete