Tuesday, October 8, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Darkness Rises by Dianne Duvall


It's time for another Immortal Guardians blog tour! I'm so excited about this release and I'm sharing my review of Darkness Rises to get you excited too. There's also a LOT of goodies being given away too, so be sure to read to the bottom. Happy reading!

*****************************

Summary:

Krysta is used to getting the drop on vampires. Her "special abilities" aren't much, but the plan is simple--she plays helpless pretty young thing to lure them in. Then her shoto swords come out and it's bye-bye, bloodsucker. Until one night she finds herself with an unexpected ally. He's a vampire, all right, but different. Mysterious. Handsome. And more interested in saving her skin than draining it. Etienne has been an Immortal Guardian for two hundred years--long enough to know that Krysta is special. He can't stop thinking about her long legs, even more than her short swords. Then he discovers the vamps she's exterminating have friends in high places, and the Guardians are in danger too. He'll have to accept Krysta's help to save them. The stakes for a mortal are high. But the cost to his heart might be higher…

Title:  Darkness Rises
Series:  Immortal Guardians
Book #: 4
Author:  Dianne Duvall
Approximate Book Length:  403 Pages
Recommended Reader Age:  18+
Sexual Content:  Moderate

Thoughts:

This book left me speechless. I don’t like to think of myself as one of those people that says “OMG” at the drop of a hat or anything, but that was really all I was left with after finishing this book. Krysta and Etienne are pretty awesome and cute together, as they challenge each other, push each other’s buttons, and continuously get themselves into some kind of trouble, especially with Krysta’s brother Sean.

I love how everyone rallies around Ami, even without knowing the reasons it’s so important to protect her. We get a look at some of our previous couples, as more than just cameo appearances, but an actual visit with them. Bastien and Melanie in particular as Melanie is charged with looking after Ami and Bastien is adorable in his pursuit to protect Ami and be around Melanie. Bastien even goes so far as to involve kittens, I’m just sayin’.

We get a lot of different perspectives in this book, even more than the previous book I feel. The best part is that none of them are from the enemy’s POV. Roland plays a big secondary role, but it’s Lisette, Zach, and Seth that are the major players when it comes to POVs other than Etienne and Krysta. Those passages do nothing but get you excited for what’s to come.

The book in its entirety is great, but it’s really the last quarter of the book that takes your breath away. The ending with Etienne, Krysta, and Sean is adorable, but the climax just prior to it is heartbreaking, especially for Seth. I just wanted to jump into the book and share some hugs. Dianne Duvall’s books have always left me satisfied with the overall plot from the individual stories, but wanting the next book for more in the bigger picture and other characters; the last one especially so as the circumstances and drama were jacked up a notch. However, I don’t think I’ve ever been more anxious for the next installment in a series as I am for book 5 of the Immortal Guardians. She’s once again bumped up the drama and I am left wondering how the long term conflict will be resolved without bloodshed from our favorite characters. The title of this story matches its content so perfectly. I just don’t know how to put into words how awesome it is and how much I am ready for the next one already!

Bottom Line:

Darkness Rises is an awesome chapter in the Immortal Guardians series! It will draw you in so completely that you will be left shaken after the final showdown. With all the characters you love, suspense that doesn’t stop, fun and sexy romance, and more, any PNR fan will not be in the least bit disappointed by picking up this book!

Rating:



Links:



*****************************

About the Author
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Immortal Guardians paranormal romance series. Her debut novel, Darkness Dawns, was nominated for the RT Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Vampire Romance by RT Book Reviews and for Best Paranormal Romance—Vampire by The Romance Reviews. Ensuing books in the series — Night Reigns, Phantom Shadows, and Predatory — have all been deemed Top Picks by RT Book Reviews, The Romance Reviews, and/or Night Owl Reviews. Her latest release, Darkness Rises, has also been chosen as a Night Owl Reviews’ Top Pick.

Dianne loves all things creative. When she isn't writing, Dianne is active in the independent film industry and once even appeared onscreen as a machete-wielding maniac not unlike the vampires in her novels.

Find the author:
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Pinterest
Goodreads


***Up for grabs at this tour stop is a signed copy of Predatory and a bunch of SWAG. Enter via the Rafflecopter below!***

a Rafflecopter giveaway

***To celebrate this release, Dianne Duvall is having a huge giveaway! Click the picture below to go enter.***



14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series..
    I think my favorite book is the latest: Darkness Rises.
    My favorite characters? Of course I love all of the characters but, Zack, Seth & David are my favs. They intrigue me with all of their power & mystery. I want to know exactly what they are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sin! I'm so glad you're enjoying the series! I'm writing Zach's story right now (Night Unbound) and hope you'll like it. You'll see a whole new side of Seth in it. And Zach is full of surprises. :-)

      Delete
  2. I've read the series and love it. Darkness Dawns is my favorite. I love Roland so much. Etienne and his siblings though come in a very close second. I can't wait to get their stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Steph! Roland has some interesting scenes in Darkness Rises. I hope you'll like them. :-)

      Delete
  3. Darkness Dawns is probably my favorite in the series but I always look forward to each new book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! I'm so glad you're enjoying the series. I think Darkness Dawns will always be special to me because it's the book that started it all. ;-) And I love that I haven't had to say goodbye to Roland and Sarah. They have some interesting scenes in Darkness Rises. :-)

      Delete
  4. Love this series! My favorite though has to be Darkness Dawns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Iris! My favorite part of writing a series is not having to say goodbye to characters like Roland and Sarah. :-)

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite series. Phantom Shadows is my favorite book, and Bastien and Ami are my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, jmcgaugh! I'm so glad you liked Phantom Shadows! I had such fun writing Bastien's story. And Ami is one of my favorite characters, too. :-)

      Delete
  6. Not yet, but it does sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this series, and each book just keeps getting better! I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I'm so glad you're enjoying the series!

      Delete